Monday, October 20, 2008

THANKS LAFAYETTE

Last night's Housing Relief Benefit at the Blue Moon was a huge success. We made $1350, $500 from the door and $850 in donations and Treasure purchases. K o D showed up with some great stuff to sell. I myself ended up with some carrot jelly. Hot carrot jelly. Who knew?

So, we raised enough to build a whole house. We were shooting for enough for two. Donations are still coming in from folks who couldn't make it last night. I'm going to wait a few weeks before I send the money to Kent Island UMC so there is still time to donate.

Local donations may be sent to Leigh Anne Sharp, 118 Teche Dr., Lafayette, LA 70503.

Donations can be made tax deductible by making checks payable to 'Kent Island UMC' For: 'Costa Rica Mission Fund'.

We will have info at the Blackpot Festival this weekend.

Funds raised will be delivered to Los Chiles in February, 2009.

Thanks Again Lafayette.

No comments: